Here is a small patch for automatic legacy irq assignment.  I found that when I
called:

pci_lintr_request(pi, -1);

It was always asserting and not able to find an irq.  It is because the pci
devices were being initialized before the lirq structure in pci_emul.c.  The
attached patch fixes the problem.

Related, I noticed Peter mentioned Intel NIC emulation work in a recent email.
Is there work going on in this area?  I've been kind of hacking on an
implementation for a 82545EM card.  Freebsd drive lem driver can probe it at
this point, but it's still got a long way to go before it is functional.  I'd
hate to be duplicating work that is already done, though.  Thanks,

  Jeremiah