Thanks for linking that resource. The purpose of my posting was to increase the
body of knowledge available to people who are running bhyve on zfs. It's a
versatile way to deploy guests, but I haven't seen much practical advise about
doing it efficiently.

Allan's explanation yesterday of how allocations are padded is exactly the sort
of breakdown I could have used when I first started provisioning VMs. I'm sure
other people will find this conversation useful as well.

        - .Dustin