On 19 January 2019 15:31:11 GMT, Rainer Duffner <rai...@ultra-secure.de> wrote:

>> Am 19.01.2019 um 15:24 schrieb Grzegorz Junka <li...@gjunka.com>:
>>
>> Has this project been completed and now only needs testing, or has it
>been abandoned, or maybe the approach has changed and I am looking in a
>wrong place?
>

>AFAIK, it’s dead.
>
>Docker is a Linux-thing.
>
>Your best bet is to run Linux in bhyve.

IIRC there have been two projects to port docker. One was using jails for
containerisation, the other was doing it the Linux way somehow. Given the way
Docker is used (for running downloaded preconfigured binary containers) that
it's not really a BSD ethos thing.

Anyway, both Docker ports stopped. Docker is a moving target, and I think that
had a lot to do with it.

As Duffner said -  bhyve. It you're containerising BSD applications just unpack
a tarball into a jail. Unless you want K8S functionally. Last time I looked
there was nothing doing on that front.