On 12/28/20 7:21 PM, Jason Tubnor wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 04:14, MR <m...@freebsd.org <mailto:m...@freebsd.org>> wrote:

    Zitat von Rebecca Cran <rebe...@bsdio.com <mailto:rebe...@bsdio.com>>:

     > On 12/6/20 4:45 PM, Michael wrote:

    BTW:
    I just saw a new image:
    https://people.freebsd.org/~bcran/bhyve/BhyveX64-20201213/BHYVE_UEFI.fd
    <https://people.freebsd.org/~bcran/bhyve/BhyveX64-20201213/BHYVE_UEFI.fd>

    This seem to work booting a windows 10 guest.

    What has changed in this version?

    Thanks for working on this!

I also can confirm that the above also works for OpenBSD guests using UEFI.  Minimum resolution for OpenBSD guests must be 1024x768 or you need to re-establish the VNC session.

If this moves to ports, we maybe able to move off our custom BHYVE_UEFI.fd .  I'll test across other guests to validate, but this looks great.

Thanks for your work on this!

Great!
I think the one remaining issue that needs resolved then is that 64-bit BARs are located at 64 TB, which is much higher than the EDK2 code now expects: it looks at the guest memory size and restricts the address width based on that, with a minimum width of 36 bits.

I'll try and take a look at that this weekend. I think Peter Grehan is also working on it.

--
Rebecca Cran