Rodney W. Grimes wrote this message on Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 06:01 -0700:
> > tech-lists wrote this message on Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 16:59 +0000:
> > > Can anyone tell me how to resize
> > > https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/VM-IMAGES/13.0-RC5/aarch64/Latest/FreeBSD-13.0-RC5-arm64-aarch64.raw
> > >
> > > on an amd64 host?
> >
> > note that this has been unxz'd already.
> >
> > truncate -s 6g FreeBSD-13.0-RC5-arm64-aarch64.raw   # enlarge
> > mdconfig -f FreeBSD-13.0-RC5-arm64-aarch64.raw              # make device
> > gpart recover md1                                   # fix up gpt
> > gpart resize -i 3 md1                                       # expand ufs
> > partition
> > growfs md1p3                                                # grow ufs
> >
> > Note that mdconfig may output a different md device than md1, use
> > that instead.
>
> NICE!  Maybe this could be a second example in growfs(8) as
> an example for "How to prepare an image for use with emulation"?

In most/all cases for images, just a truncate is needed as Glen
mentioned.  The growfs(7) rc script is run at first boot to size
up the root fs as needed.  It can always be run manually later via:
service growfs onestart

if/when the size of the disk changes...

Hmm, just noticed that growfs(7) isn't linked from growfs(8), guess
I need to fix that.

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579