Hello,

I recently installed freebsd 12 on a mid 2010 MacPro.
For wireless connections, this Mac uses a Broadcom 4322 card.

To obtain a wireless connection I did

if_bwn_load=“YES”
bhnd_load=“YES”
bwn_v4_n_ucode_load=“YES”

in /boot/loader.conf.

I enabled gpl phy in /usr/src/sys/modules/bwn/Makefile,
and recompiled the kernel with device bwn and option bwn_gpl_phy.

This actually resulted in a working wireless connection.
Wlan0 is up and associated to the suggested network.

However, during boot, a number of error messages appear:
Error reading triso2g from nvram
hw reset: phy tx errors
mac suspend failed
bwn0: need multicast update callback

I decided to build bwn into the kernel, to find out if that gave any
improvements.

However, make failed with the following messages:

error: undefined symbol: bwn_nphy_op_free
referenced by if_bwn_phy_n.c: 99
error: undefined symbol: bwn_nphy_op_prepare_structs
referenced by if_bwn_phy_n.c 122

This error is repeated for lines 139, 210, 218, 226, and 258.
Each time, the reference comes from if_bwn_phy_n.c.
The reference is made in an ‘if’ construction.
The referenced files don’t seem to be present on my system.

Would anyone know how I might solve this ?

Thanks,
Rob