On 01/17/12 13:06, Carsten Heesch wrote:
> There's a folder ec2-bits in the root directory, which contains a bunch of
> patches. From your blog post I gather that they will not (much longer) be
> required if one was to build their own kernel?

What gave you that idea?  The patches in that directory are the differences
between the 9.0-RELEASE source tree and the one I used to build the AMI.

> On the same subject: The kernel running in that AMI is apparently i386/XENHVM:
>
> FreeBSD ip-10-30-30-11 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 16
> 18:25:55 UTC 2012
> root@ip-10-17-42-118:/usr/obj/i386.i386/usr/src/sys/XENHVM  i386
>
> The csup'ed source tree does not contain such configuration. It does for
> amd64. And there's a XEN configuration for i386. But no XENHVM configuration
> for i386.

Yep, that's why there's a patch in /root/ec2-bits which adds XENHVM. :-)

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve