On 05/30/12 17:40, Sean Bruno wrote:
And, I think, there is a 64bit PV config now in development at:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/amd64_xen_pv/

This is prerequisite work for a dom0 on freebsd which is under
development.  Stay tuned, things are happening!

Interesting, Sean!

FreeBSD has certain things that would make it attractive as a dom0 - MAC, GEOM, ZFS, among others.

The amd64 PV port is also interesting by itself. I for one have always noticed dramatic performance losses when running HVM+PV, which has made me shy away from FreeBSD recently, as 95% of the stuff I admin is virtualized these days.

Anyway - it's a good move on behalf of the project, I think Xen is here to stay, and good support for it is essential for the future!

Regards,

Hugo