Hi,

On 21/01/2019 08:27, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:59:08AM +0000, Uni Gaia wrote:
In https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Release_Features under
"Supported Mainline Architectures for the hypervisor (Host)" it is written
that ARMv7+virt extensions and ARMv8 are supported by Xen.

Is work ongoing in porting FreeBSD/Xen to ARM/ARM64?

AFAIK there's no current effort to port FreeBSD to run on Xen on ARM,
either as DomU or Dom0.

I'm adding Julien who works on Xen on ARM, he might have more
information than myself, since I mostly work on x86.

I worked on a port a few years ago but never had time to properly upstream it. I am not aware for more work since then.

With my work, I was able to boot FreeBSD as both DomU and Dom0 guest. The work can be found on my git repository [1]. IIRC the branch dev-arm64 contains just enough boot a DomU and Dom0. There are other branches (e.g dev-evtchn, dev-xen-upstream) that contains cleanup series for making easier to have common Xen code between architectures.

I am happy to provide help using the branches if you are interested. Although I haven't worked on them for the past 3 years :).

Best regards,

[1] https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/julieng/freebsd.git;a=heads

--
Julien Grall