Subject: FreeBSD Foundation Fall 2006 Fundraising Campaign
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:04:09 -0600
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

FreeBSD Developers,

The FreeBSD Foundation is starting its Fall fundraising campaign.
The success of this effort will have a large impact on our budget
for next year.  There are lots of ways the developer community can
help us meet our goal of fully funding our 2006 budget.

o Get the word out!

    The FreeBSD Foundation relies heavily on word of mouth to promote
    its efforts.  Mention the FreeBSD Foundation when you encounter
    our users and contributors.

o Brush up on facts about the FreeBSD Foundation.

    The best way to increase the visibility of the FreeBSD Foundation
    is to talk about what it does and why supporting it is vital to
    FreeBSD's success.  Did you know:

    o It costs the Foundation aproximately $20,000 a year in legal fees
      just to safeguard the project's intellectual property.

    o Our efforts span the globe.  We've spent over $15,000 sponsoring
      BSDCAN, EuroBSDCON, and AsiaBSDCON and another $17,000 in travel
      grants to insure our developer community was present to make the
      most of these events. (Note these numbers include fourth quarter
      spending and so are a little higher than those in our last published
      profit and loss statement).

    o Almost half of the FreeBSD Foundation's budget targets funded
      development projects.

o Talk to your employer.

    Does your company benefit from technology developed by the FreeBSD
    community?  Supporting the FreeBSD Foundation is an excellent way
    to insure continued inovation that is released under the liberal
    terms of the BSD license.

o Tell us your FreeBSD success story.

    Help us make our case to others.  Do you know of a novel use of
    FreeBSD?  A product made possible through the use of FreeBSD
    technology?  A successful deployment of FreeBSD servers?  Tell
    us about it so we can promote these story on our website and
    when soliciting for funds.

With your help I'm certain we'll have a very successful drive.
You can monitor our progress by looking at the thermometer on the
FreeBSD Foundation's home page: www.FreeBSDFoundation.org.

Thanks for your support!

Justin

Justin T. Gibbs
Secretary/Treasurer
The FreeBSD Foundation
--
This mail is for the internal use of the FreeBSD project committers,
and as such is private. This mail may not be published or forwarded

--
Marcus Alves Grando
marcus(at)corp.grupos.com.br  |  Grupos Internet S/A