On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> aiferry code keeps statistics about passengers and free boats. For
> that to work perfectly, it would require notifications about new units
> and removed units. Scripting interface requires notifications about
> these events too. Maybe other AI subsystems require same notifications
> as well.

I once wrote such a notification system. The original intention was for a
way to resolve player death deep inside iterators without causing havoc on
linked lists being iterated. Once something like a player death happens, a
trigger is added to a list, and once the currently processed network
command is processed, it would resolve triggers one by one. I still think
such a design is a good idea.

   - Per

"The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain