On 2/10/07, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm in favor of this idea. It sounds much more elegant a game mechanic.

I'm in favor of the princible.

We need to rethink aircraft movement points if they return
automatically (just halve them?). What happens if player no longer
controls the base of the aircraft when aircraft should return?

Deep ocean has been implemented in (or there is a patch for) devel.
Amplio has nice ocean-deep ocean border sprites, but there are no deep
ocean-land sprites yet, which makes especially poles look bad.

Yes, due to gfx problem we currently cannot apply deep ocean ruleset.
Deep Ocean ruleset patch only adds terrain type Deep Ocean. I don't
think there currently is patch for limiting triremes to Ocean tiles in
default ruleset. But that's just ruleset change (which I have already
done for several testing rulesets).

- ML