On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> On 29/08/2007, Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:
> >
> > PS. It seems to me that we may move away from alternatives, assuming
> > that civclient is always gui-gtk-2.0 client. However, I had some
> > thoughts about making civclient a wrapper that will try to find
> > and start clients in our order. (Well, it can be created for *nix
> > systems, not for win*; but we don't have rpm for win* :), so that
> > shouldn't be a problem if we'll have patch, applying in spec.)
> > Maybe there is more general solution.
>
>  For testing compilation of all the clients after source changes, I
> considered modifying --enable-client configure option to support
> something like '--enable-client=gtk,sdl,xaw' or '--enable-client=all'.

This is one of my dreams. 'all' is too much, but having more than one
client built by one 'make' is really what I like to have.

> Then civclient would just start some certain gui-binary (maybe just as
> symbolic link to that particular gui-binary)
>  Seems to be too much work for small gain, though.

Well, now I know only two guys (besides specs) who use build out of srcdir.
So build out of srcdir might be considered as 'too much work for small gain'
too ;) Seriously, I think, making more than one client feature is more than
it seems to be now.

--
Thanks, evyscr