On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:05:38PM -0800, Madeline Book wrote:
> Anyway, my point is that assuming implementing multiple auth
> backends would not turn the auth code into a sprawling
> unmaintainable mess, since nobody is actively working on the
> freeciv-ggz integration at the moment I would that you make
> your contribution rather than not.

I was momentarily waylaid by a libtool unfeature interacting
with the way you link convenience libraries, and haven't had
time to get back to it yet.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:35:40PM -0800, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>  I'm afraid upgrading ggz requirement from 0.0.14.1 to 0.99.? in 2.1
> branch was a mistake. Last time I checked distributions provided no
> ggz newer than 0.0.14.1, so packagers can no longer enable ggz in
> Freeciv at all.

I'm not familiar with the GGZ support or any of the potential
consequences, but if you do need 0.99 features, I think a case
can be made to get 0.99.4 in after Debian's impending release.