Hello,

I didn't follow the discussion about the change of the metaserver address.
So, my apologies if this is old stuff that comes to mind:

If it is not possible to host the metaserver with own ressources
(freeciv.org), may be its better/possible to make a redirect to the actual
metaserver? Just in case the new address changes again.

People will have old software with the old metaserver address configured.
They won't be aware of the change.

Just now there are no extern civservers shown. Are server operators aware
of the change? Are there other commonly used metaservers around? can they be
integrated?

Christian