Ok, after some (a lot of!) searching I found my error. The
upkeep information has to be processed two times in packhand.c
- in unpackage_unit() and handle_unit_packet_common()!

changes in version 2:

- it's working!
- move city_units_upkeep() to citytools.c
- upkeep information are only send for own units (a flag
  upkeep_info is used)
- upkeep information are only send if there are changes
- reduce the number of places there this function is called
  (not on every loop!; but within city_refresh())

(file #5843)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: version2-gold5.patch.diff      Size:37 KB