Going on yesterday (or today in the early morning), I found that the overview
has similar definitions like I have writen. I will check if I can (re)use some
of the code.

> But I guess that the .tilespec will have to be dropped in this
> case.

That do you mean? Is an other file extension needed?

Furthermore, colors.tilespec defines colors for each terrain (hard coded
names). As the definition of terrains is variable (number, names, ...), these
coors should be within the terrain.ruleset file (as something like 'color =
200, 200, 200' for each terrain). This would require an new version of this
ruleset file.

Within colors_common.c it is said, that the number of player colors is
limited to 14. Is this limitation still valid? I would like to use 30
different colors as defined in score.c? This way the colors would be
different for each player.