Update of bug #13873 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #11:

I don't like how setting_ruleset() works.  Maybe you could convince me the
way you choose.  For the moment, this is my argumentation.

You iterate all settings, and attempt to take their value in the file.  In a
such implementation, I think the best would be to use secfile_lookup_str(),
secfile_lookup_int() and secfile_lookup_bool() instead of a their _default
variant.

Another approach would be to iterate all the entries of the ruleset file and
try to match the settings.  I guess this could be the best solution because
usually, there are not a lot of settings defined in the ruleset.  Also, this
would allow to warn the user if he misspelled one setting (no match).