Just my opinion but, the city dialog should not be as small as possible. If
everything is just available via small clickable icons, it's hard to use. The
gtk client uses a lot of space for common tasks (changing production from
first city dialog page, arranging workers around the city), and I hope you
agree that this is something good that we want to keep. (I don't compile the
SDL client much, so take it with a grain of salt, but I find it violates this
a bit too much, many things are only available via clicking small icons.)