                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: dfer...@terra.es
         Planned Release:

Freeciv Map Importer (from Civ4 to Freeciv) - released v0.1

I have finally coded in java this tool I was talking about, and I added a
simple UI, to create fully functional Freeciv scenarios for V2.2, imported
from Civ4 Maps.

>From the Readme:
[quote]General Information
===================
This tool converts Civ4 maps to Freeciv playable scenarios.

Usage
-----
1- Select a Civ4 Map File, to import the terrain types and starting
possitions.
There are 4 options to import the Rivers (from tile joints, to center of
tiles): NW, NE, SW, SE.

2- Select a Freeciv scenario, to import the Freeciv scenario options.
You may customize the Name and Description of the scenario.

3- "Save As" with the desired name, and .sav extension.
If you copy the resultant file to the folder "Freeciv\data\scenario\", you
will see it in game.

Installation
============
Unzip to a directory.
You need a 'Java JRE', http://java.sun.com or clone.
Make sure the java JRE is in your path environment

Running
-------
In a command window, execute:
java -jar "MapImporter.jar"

Alternatively
-------------
Windows users: Execute "MapImporter.bat"
Linux users: Run shell script "MapImporter"[/quote]

I suggest to test the Importer with these Earth Maps:
(Search the files with extension .CivBeyondSwordWBSave, and use the default
River alignment to N-E in the MapImporter)

1) Giant Earth Map by Genghis_Kai 210x90:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7790

2)  Earth Map by Rhye 124x68:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=175

File Attachments: