On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, David Lowe wrote:

        So this currently exists in 2.1+ ?  Although it doesn't seem to help
the case of a player looking for a specific nation if they don't remember the
name...

I think that situation is most likely to occur when the player is looking
for the nation name based upon what it is called in English, but the
nation name is something completely different in the native language.
For instance, I might not remember that Nez Percé is listed under
Nimíipuu, but if I know that it's from North America and roughly
what time period it existed, I could probably find it by process of
elimination.  So simply having a smaller subset to search through would
already be helpful.