This particular message only shows up when Freeciv has been compiled with
--enable-debug=yes (although the ruler name is truncated in all builds).
While it's probably a good idea to test new nations etc with a debug build,
should we (devs) be striving to emit "real" error messages for errors in
user-supplied data rather than assertion failures?

(BTW, having thought about it, ruler names longer than 32 *characters* are
probably too unwieldy. However, having a 32-*octet* limit is a bit rough when
heavy use is made of non-ASCII characters. Shall we up the limit for 2.3.0?)