Update of bug #16770 (project freeciv):

                Category:                    None => client-sdl

Follow-up Comment #1:

It seems it assumes you can use the SDL client as fullscreen.

In client/gui-sdl/optiondlg, l. 553:

    SDL_Rect **pModes_Rect =
                  SDL_ListModes(NULL, SDL_FULLSCREEN | Main.screen->flags);

However, I don't understand why the 'fullscreen_mode' and the
'save_options_on_exit' are not handled as normal client options. That's
probably a bug. After a short investigation (PR#12131, revision 9725), I
really not understand this item at all. As Jason said, the fullscreen_mode
should be a gtk2 option only (but it could also be ported for the SDL
client). Setting those options in the menus is not incompatible with handling
them as normal options... maybe it was not the case before, but I doubt about
it.