Update of bug #16964 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #4:

OK, implemented the second option.

> The second is probably fiddlier to implement.
Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that -- it seems to be a one-liner.
What have I forgotten?

> Any way round, changes to the help will be required.
We're currently in string freeze, but the inaccuracy after implementing
option 2 is a sin of omission, and one that only affects a fairly obscure
corner of the rules, so I'm content to leave that for another release. I've
raised bug #17198 for this.

> A similar issue affects the civ2 ruleset; I don't know what the
> actual Civ2 behaviour that we're trying to emulate is.
For now I've gone with the same behaviour in all rulesets.

(file #11430, file #11431)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: S2_2-mfg-plant-req.diff        Size:1 KB
File name: trunk-S2_3-mfg-plant-req.diff  Size:1 KB