Note that roads code rewrite (patch #2522) will likely make this patch
redundant. This patch has been implemented on top of current roads code, and
same feature has to be implemented separately for new roads system.
Regardless I would go forward with this patch. It will bring new feature
available *now* with very simple code change. There's no need to wait for new
roads system being implemented. New road system won't be here overnight. It
might be that this feature wouldn't make it to 2.4 if we rely on new roads
system implementation.