Update of bug #17949 (project freeciv):

Built-in help is incorrect/confusing about celebration/rapture size limits

Follow-up Comment #5:

> I had always thought that the minimum size was for *rapture*,
> not celebration.
If it was ever so, it was a long time ago; I think the code's been this way
since at least 1.14.x (I haven't looked back further). (Unhelpfully, the
parameter used to be called rapture_size, but I think it behaved the same way
as today's celebrate_size_limit. Rapture _growth_ was controlled by the flag
G_RAPTURE_CITY_GROWTH, with no size attached.)

It would certainly be easy to come away with the impression that only rapture
growth has a size limit from the built-in government help, since only the
autogenerated text for rapture growth mentions a size limit.

It doesn't help matters that the autogenerated help thinks that the numeric
value for EFT_RAPTURE_GROW is a minimum size for rapture; this has no basis in
the actual game code (which treats it as a boolean flag). However, this
doesn't make a difference for the default ruleset, as EFT_RAPTURE_GROW ==
celebrate_size_limit, but I think it means the help lies about civ1/civ2. I
think this mistake crept in in r11319
<http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv?view=rev&revision=11319> (PR#14755
<http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=14755>) which was cleaning up
the help after the introduction of effects (r10382
<http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv?view=rev&revision=10382>).

So, it's all a bit of a mess. I'll repurpose this bug to make the built-in
help more truthful / helpful.

What we could also do is make EFT_RAPTURE_GROW behave the way the help thinks
it does. With celebrate_size_limit=1, this would allow a custom ruleset to
behave the way you expected. However, it's rather late in the 2.3.x cycle to
change that (it could break existing custom rulesets), so it would have to be
a separate bug targeted at 2.4.0.