On 3 Jul, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> configure: error: Iconv is missing. You can get libiconv from
> http://gnu.org/, or try using --with-libiconv-prefix.
> make: *** [distcheck] Error 1
>
> (full log attached)

        There is a known issue with libiconv on Snow Leopard:

*) SL compiles 64 bit programs by default.

*) The 64 bit version of libiconv supplied by Apple gives 'standardized' names
like iconv_open() rather than the commonly used libiconv_open() [which is
included in the 32 bit library alongside iconv_open()].

*) This problem bites users trying to compile glib and possibly others i'm not
aware of.

*) Fixes include forcing 32 bit compilation [i386] or patching the code.

*) Apple has closed bug reports for this behavior with: "Engineering has
determined that this issue behaves as intended..."; i don't expect this issue
to improve when Lion is released.

        I don't speak configure well enough to understand how our configure is
checking this, so this may or may not have any relevance to your case.

Sent from my MacBookPro

Ignorance must certainly be bliss or there wouldn't be so many people
so resolutely pursuing it.