                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

The "Copying" heading in the help section is a bit uninformative. When I
first saw it the question was "Copying what? Where from and where to?". When I
entered this section to answer these questions, it attacked me with GPL
legalese, which specifies not only copying conditions (buried in dense style
understood mainly by lawyers), but lots of other things too (redistribution,
republishing, availability of the source code, commercial use, etc.). On top
of that the legalese was not even localized in my Polish version of Freeciv.

I do understand the rationale for having the full text of GPL in the game and
I realize that only the English version is constitutive. Thus, an easy way out
is to change the "Copying" string into "License" or "Copyright" to make it
more informative.

But if we want to have a more human friendly section explaining the legal
aspect of GPL licensing (I assume that plain "Copying" was used instead of
somewhat daunting "Copyright" to suggest user friendliness), perhaps we should
also add a brief summary (2-4 sentences) of the GPL before the full text of
the license. Such summary would not be constitutive, it could be translated
and it would be informative for non-English speakers too.