OK, few things of note:
- gtk_combo_box_text_new used in my patch means it requires gtk+-2.24 (well,
the eventual aim of this patch is gtk+-3 and there's no gtk_combo_box_new_text
there)

- r20328 solves the problem with "Lua console" dialog: now it's gets shown in
the chat notebook

Also, I wouldn't mind being CCed to this bug, so I wouldn't need to recheck
it manually.

I've reintroduced the minor change in gtkpixcomm.c that was present in the
patches before comment #17, but was missed in the later.

Retested if it builds with gtk3 - it does, but still crashes without showing
anything.

(file #14315)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: cairo-drawing-svn2.patch       Size:109 KB