> The thread starts here.
>
> Skimming the thread, I don't see an obvious conclusion.

Basically as this is just compiler warning (turned to error only because of
-Werror) they don't consider it lua bug, and they don't want to change working
bug-free code without good reasons. So no upstream fix to be expected.

I tried to fix this in our own copy, but setup suffering from original warning
just ended to other similar warnings once this one was fixed, and I soon gave
up. I don't want our copy of lua to fork too far from original to keep
updating it with upstream bugfixes and new versions easier.

Maybe we just disable certain warnings while compiling lua?