I can see two ways in which you would want to search for a resource; Just for
itself, and for it on a terrain. e.g.
; Voting governments have a senate that may prevent war

; any fish
reqs =
{ "type", "name", "range"
"Resource", "(Fish)", "Adjacent"
}

; only lake fish
reqs =
{ "type", "name", "range"
"Terrain", "Lake (Fish)", "Adjacent"
}

So which is more extensible? The first seems simpler but there is no way to
get the information of the tile back. Putting a terrain req below it will
match even if the terrain is in another square on any range other than
CityCentre or Local (Am I correct on this?). As such, I recommend the second
way. Even though it takes may take more reqs to define events, it seems a more
powerful method.