                 Release: 2.3.2
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
         Planned Release:

I recently set up Lubuntu 12.04 on my laptop and grabbed Freeciv
2.3.2-1~getdeb1 packages from getdeb.net.  freeciv-sound-standard is installed
where it should be.  Changing client sound options doesn't make any sound.
Nor does adding -P -S command line options.  I can hear sounds from other apps
just fine.  It's as though the GTK client on Linux hasn't implemented sound.
This is bizarre as the GTK client on Windows Vista does have sound just fine.
Important 'cuz you really wanna play your game like it's 2001: A Space
Odyssey?