I've looked at the patch from comment #7 again and noticed it could be
simplified. At the same time I've decided to split it into two parts - one for
the font and the other for style unrelated to the font.

A word of explanation about gui_update_font_full: once the three get
initialized in ui_main, they can't be NULL -
pango_font_description_from_string won't return NULL, at most a NULL filled
description.

Patches are against trunk.

(file #16434, file #16435)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0001-fix-applying-font-style.patch Size:7 KB
File name: 0001-use-GdkRGBA-for-citydlg-labels.patch Size:3 KB