Update of bug #20236 (project freeciv):

                 Release:                         => 2.4.0-beta1

Follow-up Comment #2:

> Error before closing C:/Users/Thomas/AppData/Roaming/.freeciv
> /saves/freeciv-Canada-1641CE.sav.bz2: Bz2: "Unexpected EOF" (-7)
I think this explains the failure -- I'm guessing the save file has been
truncated (perhaps due to running out of disc space?)
This plausibly explains there not being enough player data later.

We probably can't do more without the save file. Most likely, even if we do
get it, it'll just confirm the file is truncated, and give no clue how that
came to be.