The result is that playing a local single-player game with AI modules is
needlessly cumbersome, but I made the comment about being able to play too
soon anyway; the server crashes whenever I try to start a game. At first it
crashed after starting the game, so I thought it was because I was calling dai
functions from mssai functions. I then copied and renamed those, but the
result was the server crashing immediately after reading the default ruleset,
before the client could connect. I then began anew, cloning the classic module
and making no other changes than renaming all its wrapper functions... with
the same result.
I'm beginning to think it will be less trouble to just hack the default AI
directly and patch it locally whenever I upgrade.