> There's also the question if whatever limitations we implement should apply
to beginning of the building, finishing of the building, or both.
I see that tech loss and terrain change (caused by climate change) will check
if unit activities can continue. Perhaps the same should be done when
diplomatic relationships change?

On the other hand the diplomatic relationships has the potential to change
quite often in games with many players. Iterating over all units each time the
relationship between any two players change may be to expensive. I'm not
qualified to say if it is worth the performance cost.

Limiting the check to only local DiplRel requirements (and therefore the units
of the two players involved) is inconsistent but less expensive.