> What would we (or ruleset authors) lose from this?
The AI would lose ability to predict. You point out that clients have the same
problem. Perhaps some mechanism to notify clients and the ai about Lua code
could fix that? Adding a code analyzer to Freeciv is, IMHO, a bit excessive.
Rule set authors can indicate that there exist a relationship between visible
game state, invisible Lua code, and visible consequences. Data like scope, how
accurate the information is, if the code being triggered is always
good/sometimes good/sometimes bad/always bad, probability, client text and
client icon may also be useful. I may be interested in planning and coding
that in the future but for now I would like to focus on action enablers.