                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.6.0

In http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=242
I wrote about the new music selection system I've been thinking:

As for the code implementation, my current idea is to have music to work like
citystyles in that the "musicstyle" changes upon invention of certain techs,
to provide different music for different ages. The other axis is something I
currently call "mood" of the nation. There would be at least two moods:
peaceful development, and active battles. The mood would not be directly
determined from the official diplomatic states, but even if you don't have
officially signed peace treaty with everyone, lack of any actual battles over
several turns would be considered as sign that the war is not active. The
"musicstyle" selection would be controlled by the ruleset, but moods would be
hardcoded.
In addition there's of course the existing main menu music, and another one
would be added to game over (or even multiple ones depending on whether you
won or lost).

Does it sound sensible system?