> Reduced to the minimum the settings forced by the scenario, so
> the player can decide as much as possible.

Changeable settings are changeable even if the scenario gives them default
different from freeciv's internal default. So this is not giving player more
power.
+ Using the usual defaults avoids unexpected settings from surprising the
player mid-game (though server lists settigs changed from their internal
default values)
- Using defaults removes some of the special flavor of the scenario

That's not to say I oppose the changes. Just wanted to make clear what they
mean.