As the version this development branch leads to is not freeciv-2.7 but
freeciv-3.0, version number could be 2.99.0 or 2.99.99 (I prefer former, but
need to check if our code assumes development version micro to be "99")
instead of 2.6.99.

- Minor "99" could be used as flag value to know that major version is about
to increase. We can't deduct the same from minor "6", micro "99". This would
make patch #4747 easy.
- That would leave space in case we (or some fork) decides to continue
freeciv-2 development a bit longer and to release 2.7. 3.0 development version
version number should not be lower than that.