                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 3.0.0

https://tinycthread.github.io/

- Add tinycthread to dependencies/
- Add configure option --with-tinycthread
- Build tinycthread only when configure option given. In that case use C11 API
as thread implementation, but underneath it's provided by tinycthread and not
real C11 implementation

While I don't see --with-tinycthread becoming default in any official builds,
and this is mainly meant for testing our C11 thread wrapper, this does provide
useful new functionality. Threaded AI needs condition variable support in
thread implementation. Our (direct) windows thread implementation does not
have that part, so threaded AI cannot be used in Windows (except if one
manages to build it using windows implementation of pthreads). Tinycthread
does provide the condition variable part on top of windows threads too, so it
should enable use of threaded AI on Windows.

 Windows Threads -> Tinycthread -> C11 thread API -> fc_thread
 vs
 Windows Threads -> fc_thread

Tinycthread is licensed under zlib license, compatible with the GPL.

File Attachments:

Date: Sun 11 Jan 2015 04:46:52 AM EET  Name: tinycthread.patch.bz2  Size: 11kB
  By: cazfi