> Is this related to funny behavior I encountered in recent game:
> within one turn I bought production, enemy diplomat sabotaged
> it, I bought again, second enemy diplomat sabotaged it again.
I don't think it's directly related.

I suspect the fact that you could buy twice might have been caused by the
definition city_can_change_build(), which as well as checking did_buy has an
allowance for "pcity->shield_stock <= 0" (which I think it will be after
sabotage).

I don't know if that's what you were surprised by. Could also argue that
bought production should be immune to sabotage, but that's quite a big
gameplay change. Discussion of correct buy/sabotage interaction should
probably go in a new ticket.

I plan to commit this patch soon.