The Aztecs were not "wandering barbarian units" and even North America had
settled areas, farmers and fishermen before the Europeans came. The
Americas were not something out of a cowboy movie.

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Jim K <jamesdefc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the point of simulating the technologies from the Voyages of
> Discovery if there is no New World to discover? Sure, there are other
> continents, but they are no different from your home continent due to the
> fact that they carry the same advanced civilizations. I mean as in, a
> large, empty, almost-entirely undisturbed hemisphere ready to be exploited.
>
> I have no experience with coding, so pardon my ignorance if these requests
> seem too large, but why not have a map generation type that simply puts in
> 2 continent-shaped blobs. The "Old World", where all the players start,
> will be larger to accomodate the density of many civs stuck on one
> landmass, and represent how large Afro-Eurasia is compared to the Americas.
>
> The "New World" will have plenty more resources to encourage Colonisation,
> as well as limited wandering barbarian units to represent native peoples.
>
> I can understand if this task is too difficult, and I may be asking the
> wrong person, but if you do know who to send it to, please do.
>
> *But if there is a way to simply manipulate the custom game options, to
> get something like I described above, or any custom-made maps from the Wiki
> starting all players in a single landmass, please inform me.*

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa
PhD Student at Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
Instituto Superior Técnico/University of Lisbon, Portugal