Hello Mike, and thanks for testing Freeciv-web on the Android tablet tf300t.

I have not tested the HTML5 version of the tf300t, since I don't have
access to one.
However, I have tested it on a Google Nexus running Android 5, and it
seemed to worknicely there. I suspect that there is some problem detecting
the correct device type (touch support, screen size) which will cause the
problems you are describing.

Could you please make a screen recording where you reproduce this problem,
for example using the following app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.org.invisibility.recordablefree&hl=en
Then upload the resulting video for example to youtube or vimeo.

If there is a way to reproduce this problem on a browser running in Windows
or Linux, that would be of interest too.  Thanks again for reporting this
issue.

Andreas