                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

Freeciv-web uses Freeciv trunk. Testers use Freeciv trunk. It would be nice if
savegames weren't broken all the time. One the other hand we can't carry
around cruft to support ancient versions of trunk.

I suggest that we clearly mark trunk internal savegame compatibility code
sections in a machine readable way. Removing all such code should be a part of
the release process. (The machine readability of the marking should help) The
code MAY also be removed during a development version if backwards
compatibility is too much work.