I think it would be nice for us to have a go at loading in 2.6, if anyone has
time.

As far as I know, this is still the only known barrier to the goal of
ruleset-independent scenarios. Until we do this we won't know what else needs
doing. If nothing else comes out of the woodwork then we could optimistically
hope to release that in 2.6. (However if it turns out to be at all complicated
we should defer that goal to 3.0 rather than trying to fix it, but I expect
the terrain mapping can stay in place.)

Having saving but not loading in 2.6 doesn't help much, I think; this is
mainly for scenarios which will have to be somewhat handcrafted anyway and
will generally be of the same format as the game version that's loading them.
It would allow rulesets to change their use of terrain letters between 2.6 and
3.0, but that seems unlikely to be interesting.