Are you sure you got the libpng dll versioning correctly? I would think
libpng-14.xx.dll would be releases from libpng14 (or 1.4) and libpng-15.xx.dll
from libpng15 (or 1.5). Latest release of the former is 1.4.19 and latter
1.5.26. Latest development branch of libpng is libpng17.

Where are the libssl libraries being used? I assume it's a recursive
dependency via curl.

I've been doing some work to get freeciv to build on MSYS2 based environment,
so I would not spent too much time in attempts to get dlls in MSYS1 updated.