I'm thinking what to do with S2_5. If we consider this undocumented limitation
(paratrooper range can't be big enough for enabling world-range paradropping
on larger maps) a bug, we may even want to change network protocol there, with
an optional capability.

Since the limitation is not a regression from older versions, I think that
changing the protocol to support it would be more like protocol freeze
breakage (new ruleset relying on the change would not work on freeciv 2.5.0 -
2.5.2) than a bugfix -> just document the situation in S2_5.