Update of patch #6882 (project freeciv):

                Category:                    None => general
         Planned Release:                         => 2.6.0, 3.0.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

First we need to work some on that .patch workflow.

From fcd_robfi_01.patch:
"Binary files ../freeciv-orig/.svn/wc.db and ./.svn/wc.db differ"
-> avoid by using "-X'FILE'" parameter for diff where 'FILE' is file
containing list of files not to consider when diffing. There's '.diff_ignore'
in the source tree root, though that one has been used very little (-> may
need some adjustments due to lack of tesintg & maintenance). I'll attach
.diff_ignore from my own set of freeciv development scripts.

"Only in ./server/generator: fracture_map.c
Only in ./server/generator: fracture_map.h"
-> Use "-N" to include new files.

In case you want 'just-use-it' solution, my scripts use following parameters
for diff:
> diff -Nurd -X/path/to/tools/.diff_ignore freeciv.orig freeciv.patched

I attach a new patch file that has no code changes at all (I did dos2unix for
fracture_map.[ch]), just the needed files in a one patch.

As for the code; I didn't review it for functionality yet, just glanced for
overall impression. It seems good in general, but maybe you read through
doc/CodingStyle once more and fix those style issues you then notice
yourself.

As for compiling:
server/generator/mapgen.c:279:5: error: no previous prototype for
'terrain_is_too_flat' [-Werror=missing-prototypes]
 bool terrain_is_too_flat(struct tile *ptile,
     ^
server/generator/mapgen.c:366:17: error: no previous prototype for
'pick_terrain' [-Werror=missing-prototypes]
 struct terrain *pick_terrain(enum mapgen_terrain_property target,

Please try that your patches compile when --enable-debug configure option is
used. Among other things it makes all the compiler warnings hard errors.

I'm setting 2.6.0 as a target for this. Overall quality is already so good
that I expect this go in without too many iterations.

(file #26542, file #26543)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: .diff_ignore                   Size:0 KB
File name: FractureMap.patch              Size:17 KB