                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.6.0, 3.0.0

We prefer to include "SDL/SDL.h" or "SDL2/SDL.h" instead of just "SDL.h" so
that we always get the right one.
Unfortunately this is not what SDL installation expects us to do. Instead both
sdl-config and pkg-config set include path all the way inside the SDL version
specific directory so one needs to include just "SDL.h". We still can have the
include with path in most cases as the top-level directory is in include path
for some other reason (in most typical case being system default include
directory).

While the problem is on any SDL installation in custom location (so that
top-level directory is not part of include path), I'm currently trying to
solve this for msys2 environment.

I considered making includes "../SDL2/SDL.h" so that it's both relative to
version specific directory (either one of them!) and has the version specific
component, but attached patch takes a bit different approach. If configure
finds to find some SDL headers with "SDL2/SDL.h" -style, it tries plain
"SDL.h" and if that then success, defines SDL_PLAIN_INCLUDES macro. Source
files are then expected to include just "SDL.h" when SDL_PLAIN_INCLUDES is
defined.

Initial version is just for SDL_Mixer support for clients other than SDL/2.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon 08 Feb 2016 07:27:46 PM EET  Name: SdlPlainInclude.patch  Size: 2kB
 By: cazfi